Bohemian Necklace with Real Leather, Plum Silver
We are in a bohemian mood with our new collection of super cool boho charms. I have selected this lovely big charm to make a necklace with leather and a rolo chain so you can be inspired to create beautiful jewelry.
How do you make this necklace:
- We start with preparing the endcaps. Attach to one endcap a double loop ring with a lobster clasp and to the second endcap a double loop ring with an extender chain.
- Measure the leather around your neck, you can make it shorter like a choker or a bit longer. The way you like it best. With the extender chain you can also make it a bit longer when you wear it.
- Take a piece of the rolo chain by opening the links with a flat nose plier. Make sure the chain is longer than the leather because at the end you will be measuring this to the perfect length.
- Now string the leather TOGETHER WITH the chain through the eye of the charm.
- You' re going to glue the endcaps to the leather by putting a tiny bit of glue inside the endcap and push the leather in. Wipe off any excess glue that comes out of the endcap. Let this dry for at least 1 hour before you finish the necklace.
- The only thing that is left to do is attach the rolo chain. Open a link and attach it to one of the jumprings. Now measure the chain precisely by putting the necklace around your neck or a necklace holder (mannequin) in a way that the chain is nicely visible next to the leather. Take off the excess chain and attach the end to the second jumprings. Your necklace is all done!
Feel free to share your jewelry projects with #beadsandbasics on instagram, we love to see what you guys are making :)
Have fun creating :)