Make Men's Leather Bracelet with Turquoise Slab
This cool bracelet is something totally different from what we are used to. Super simple to make but the special stone makes it a piece of jewelry like never before. Do you know someone who would rock this bracelet!?
How to make this bracelet:
- First, you measure the leather. The length of course depends on the width of the wrist of the person you are making it for. You then cut a second piece of leather that is exactly the same length.
- Now put some glue in one of the cord ends and stick the two strands of leather in it. When the wires are in place you squeeze the clamp tight with a pair of flatnosed pliers, but not too tight. You can now put the wires in properly, just by pushing and adjusting them, and squeeze with the pliers all sides of the cord end closed. (From above, below and both sides of the cord end!)
- Do the same on the other side of the leather.
- Cut 2 pieces of iron wire of at least 70 cm. Put these together through the hole of the gemstone.
Now you wrap the iron wire around one of the leather straps until it is well attached and with the thickness that you like. Make sure that the stone is exactly in the middle of the bracelet!!When you're done wrapping cut the wire with about 1cm left. This piece of wire you put back into the hole of the stone. If it doesn't go in properly, use pliers to push it in.
- Now do the same at the bottom of the stone with the other leather wire.
- Now you are going to attach to 1 cord end, with a jumpring of 4mm, the ROUND part of the toggle clasp by opening the jumpring with a pair of flatnosed pliers. You put the ring through the hole of the cord end and through the hole of the clasp and you squeeze the jumpring closed again.
- Now do the same with the bar of the toggle clasp but use THREE jump rings instead of one. This way the clasp opens and closes more easily.
Voilá your bracelet is ready to be worn :)
Did you make something fun with our materials? Post your photo on instagram with #BeadsandBasics and have a chance to win € 20,- shop credit.
Have fun creating!